The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) at UKY works to empower the Hispanic community of Lexington to attain careers in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and excel as technical and professional leaders.
- Increase the number of Hispanic engineering students at the University of Kentucky College of Engineering
- Promote the advancement of Hispanic engineers and scientists in employment and education.
- Develop and participate in programs with industry and the university, which benefit students seeking technical degrees.
- Improve the retention of Hispanic students enrolled in engineering and science.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information pertinent for Hispanic engineering/science students enrolled in the University of Kentucky College of Engineering.
Prospective members of SHPE must be a UKY student (both graduate and undergraduate are welcome) and a STEM major.
Organisation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org